Wednesday 26 October 2011

Day 7 - a struggle

Today was meant to be a little relief from the last few days, sure it was going to be long but not a hilly.
It was obvious from quite early on that I was going to struggle today, when ever there was a climb there was no power in the legs in comparison to the rest of the trip.
The weather looked like it didnt know what it wanted to do either which I struggled with during the day as I was either really hot or cold. As you can tell I wasn't having a good ttime of it.
We stopped in Vincentia for lunch which was good, got some food and coffee hoping to get some energy and it worked for about 20kms where I called out to Paul and Aaron "I think I have found my mojo", but it wasnt long before I lost it again:)
Paul and Aaron did a great job today and were there to help me along, thanks heaps guys. They also really drove the train home on the run into Berry.
Tomorrow is the final day and only a short one into Wollongong and then it is time to put the bike away for a week...
I cannot believe that we have covered so much distance over the last few days, we have been laughing and joking over dinner and drinks about what has happened over the last 950kms and we only have about 65kms to go.
I will give an update tomorrow evening with the full run down.
Cheers
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment