Thursday 27 October 2011

Final days

Day 7 was fun, tough to get the legs going but after 30k or so they picked up. We lunched in Vincentia and Erika's parents met us which was lovely. We ended up in Berry and Aaron and I had a little sprint up the hill which was not bad work after 150km. We then moved to the bar and stayed for quite a while... lots of beer was consumed.


Day 8, the final day, was just a short one, less than 70k for Berry to Wollongong. We had a fair amount of time to do it and I found it a little frustrating, we were pedalling slow and I just wanted it to be done with. I was very tired and a little hungover and wanted to get home. Once we got to the lighthouse I lay on the ground for a while and took it all in. It was all over, we're ridden every bit of Phillip Island to Wollongong (actually that's not true.. on day 7 I walked the bike up 100m of an incredibly steep hill - I couldn't pedal it).

All done. Thanks so much to the sponsors, you were an inspiration during the dark moments.

Stats here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/124567753

Thanks to all the riders for making it a memorable experience.


Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment